Zoning Issue Presentations
DeKalb County – Todd Westfall – presented his plan to request several variances to his R-100 zoning on Ridgeview road. (Members determined that they should not take a position until the county finalizes their review).
DeKalb County – Warren Jolly – current development is within the existing zoning. Bill Grossman to meet and work out an understanding with the developer & DHA expects presentation from developer @ its February meeting.
DeKalb County – Sembler Perimeter Center Project – Project has received an endorsement from ARC but reading the endorsement indicates some questions as to the development. The county has not completed their review and the board will not take a position until the county completes their review. This development includes a reduction in parking, 320 apartments, 230 condo units, 460ksf of retail of which 176k sf is a super-Target. Developer indicated that fast food establishments are not to be part of the out parcels on the projects.
BP Expansion – a general discussion was held regarding the zoning proposal received from BP. Ken indicated that Don Boyken was working out the final design of the shuttered windows. Brick columns have been committed for the supports for the pump shelter roof. The board voted to approve this project.
DeKalb County – Corner of Ashford Dunwoody and Mt Vernon – DHA has made several request for changes in the elevations and site plan. The developer has agreed to all of the changes and will include them in his development. An agreement has been prepared indicating the document and agreement shall be made part of the variance process.
Fulton County – Pitts Road – Zoning application has been submitted for the property to the west of Pitts Road . The property is approx 7 acres with 20 units. The conditions that were established for the property on the other side of Pitts Road are the basis for the agreement. Neighbors who are adjacent to the development indicated that Sandy Spring Neighborhood Council would represent them. To date they have not reached an agreement and now have asked the DHA to participate in helping achieve an agreement.
Fulton County – Spalding at Woodland Elementary – Developer contacted the DHA with a plan for constructing 5 units on one acre. He was advised that the development would not be supported.
DeKalb County – Cambridge Square – the three acres at the entry are to be developed into R-100 lots and homes.
Fulton County – Dunwoody Club Drive – Church Development – no update.
Community Notes and Presentations
- Ken Wright presented a film regarding the list of infrastructure improvements requested from the county.
- Presentation from candidate Jeryl Rosh for Probate Judge.
- Senator Adelman presented his position of support for the City of Sandy Springs and the county tax freeze.
- Joyce Amacher introduced Danny and Queenie Ross the new chairs for the DPT.
- Margot Cole discussed the Light up Dunwoody events and thanked all that had participated.
- Annual meeting is scheduled for January 25th at 2:00 pm . Location has changed to the Dunwoody Methodist Church – Fellowship hall.
- Gordon Jackson has been added to the board.
- Dunwoody Village Parkway shrubs are to be trimmed. Martin Cook of Euro-Works took care of most of the needed work. The DHA thanked Martin for all of his help.
- Dunwoody Village entrance sign on Chamblee Dunwoody Road – the county has advised that they have officially rescinded the sign permit. The matter is expected to go to court by the next meeting.
- Dunwoody Village – Walgreens – corporate attorney agrees that the internal window signs are a violation of the overlay and will instruct the store manager to remove these signs from the store windows.
- Katz deli has complied with DHA’s requests after meetings to take down their illegal large neon sign.
- Ken Wright & Bob Lundsten met with Nalley collision center and neighbors to discuss plans for abandoned house on Tilly Mill. Nalley stated no buildings would be built on this site, only used to increase their visibility, and they would have house torn down and property cleaned up very shortly.
Membership – No Update
- The 2004 campaign has started with over 70% of last year’s members re-joining as of December 7th.
Perimeter CID District – No Update
Overlay District – Bill Phillips
- Bill to work with the attorneys to address the O&I zonings to impose restrictions on density and height restrictions.
Support the local Merchants – Gary Meyer – No Update