Announcements and introduction of distinguished visitors
Elected officials attending: Dr. Bonser, Terry Nall, Doug Thompson, John Heneghan, and Denny Shortal, all from the Dunwoody City Council. State Senator Fran Millar and State Representative Tom Taylor
- Minutes for January 2013 were approved
- Presentation and Discussion from Steve Dush, Community Development Director, Zoning re-write update. Four Public outreach meetings have been held to date as part of the rewrite process. In addition Community Council and Planning Commission receive updates regularly like those conducted tonight for DHA. Director Dush answered questions from the audience on several subjects; including Home occupation rule changes and proposed removal of a property owner’s right to build multi-family in O & I zoning.
- Presentation from Fran Millar and Tom Taylor, 2013 Legislative session update. Senator Millar talked about local issues; starting with Schools. State Representative Tom Taylor plans to submit a bill to change the State constitution to allow a City of Dunwoody School System. A study will be required on this subject for it to proceed. Fran and Tom answered several questions on the school issue. Both Fran and Tom sit on the MARTA oversight committee and they discussed the new MARTA General manager and MARTA’s money woes. Tom Taylor chairs the MARTA Public Safety sub-committee and he told us that surveillance cameras will be installed in all trains and buses this year.
Sen. Millar will submit a bill to make the County CEO race non-partisan
Sen. Millar told us of progress towards improvement of the I-285 @ GA 400 intersection.
- Adopt-a-Spot update – Bill Grossman announced the submittal to the City of Dunwoody of landscaping plans for a Mt. Vernon Highway @ Mt. Vernon Place adopt-a-spot; naming DHA as the adoptee. We hope to have installation completed by the March board meeting.
- Dunwoody Preservation Trust – Lemonade Days Sponsorship: Jeff Glick asked the DHA for sponsorship support from DHA for the Lemonade Days event in April. (no votes taken due to lack of quorum)
Grossman adjourned the meeting at 8:45PM