Robert Wittenstein, President, called the meeting to order.
- Announcements and introductions of distinguished visitor - Robert introduced John Heneghan & Terry Nall. Robert then spoke about Joyce Amacher's passing. If you would like to make a donation to Dunwoody Garden in memory of Joyce, give Robert contribution. Lynn Byrd would like to contribute stories for a book about Joyce.
- He then introduced candidates running for the 6th District Congressional seat. Alexander Hernandez, Kurt Wilson, Keith Grawert, Ragin Edwards, Richard Keatley, Dr. Mohammad Ali, Bob Gray, and John Ossoff. Ask candidates to send in their picture and write up for pamphlet for Candidate Forum. Robert also went over sign codes not on right of way or in the Dunwoody Village.
- Approval of Minutes for November 13, 2016 and January 29th Annual Meeting - Lindsay Ballow Both sets of minutes were approved.
- Introduction of Members Of Masid Uthman Islamic Mosque and Community Center in Dunwoody. Dr. Khalid Bashir said they got together in 2014 and are now located in Dunwoody Park. Have about 150 members. They will have an Open House next week on Saturday March 11th from 3-6 pm.
- Presentation and discussion: Changes to home-based business regulations - Steve Foote community Development Director for the City of Dunwoody Robert gave a bit of history of the code and said the most recent case of Physical Therapy business was a hot issue and staff and Council felt we need to take another look at it. Steve said since he has been here since 2014 they have processed a lot of text amendments. Text amendments have gone through Planning Commission so they are adding Home Occupation amendment to the package which will eventually go to City Council. Home Occupation code with customer/employee contact is relatively new since 2013. Goes to Planning Commission on March 14th and Steve invited anyone who wants to express their feelings to come to the meeting. Codes allow for educational, musical business that gets approved through staff. Then had some questions from those in attendance. Steve explained the Special Land Use Process for Home Occupation Type B other than teachers. Steve initiated this text amendment.The main question does the Community want any Type B Home Occupation.
- Request for Dunwoody Nature Center - Alan Mothner They are celebrating their 25th Anniversary. They are doing 25things in the Park to celebrate it. Most are free. They pride themselves as the 'soul of the community'. Asking for the DHA support as a sponsor which is a Silver Sponsorship at a $1,000.00.
- Request for support for Hightower Elementary School - Sheila George, Principal They are part of the Dunwoody Cluster, They are a STEM school. Asking for our support for their STEM program.Example of what they did to find a solution to pick up debris in water and they developed a robotic arm. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board only session: Votes as needed on any motions including: a) Approval of 2017 budget - We have a little over a 1,000 members. Increase of donations from $500.00 to $1,000.00. Motion to approve the budget as presented amended motion to reduce to $500.00 which failed and the original motion passed b). Dunwoody Nature Center approved for $1,000.00 c) Hightower Elementary School approved for $1,000.00