Gordon Jackson, President, called the meeting to order.
The motion was made to accept the minutes of April 13, 2008 and the motion was seconded and approved unanimously.
- Tom Stubbs introduced himself as a candidate for DeKalb County Superior Court.
- Bill Robinson announced the Dream Gardens of Dunwoody 2008 tour to benefit Dunwoody Nature Center May 16, 17 & 18. He is looking for volunteers to work 2 hour blocks and he is selling tickets.
- Eagle Scout Candidate Mitchell Jackson will be installing a bike rack at DUMC and looking for funding. Cost is $609.98 and he hopes to raise $650.
ZONING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Barry Realty - Chequers/Fuddruckers area - Gordon said they have been meeting in small group, but it still needs a lot of work
- Georgetown - Den Webb, representing Coro Development, said they plan to renovate Georgetown and the medical office park. They are looking forward to working the Georgetown small group.
- Barry Realty - Suntrust property - DHA and Barry Realty came up with an agreement after much hard work. Now Marriott enters with plans for a sports-themed hotel and they want something totally different. DHA does not want to hold things up, but DHA needs to meet with Marriott's architect.
- MJCAA "convent" - Bob Lundsten The county code will be amended to allow a Senior Assisted Living Center as an accepted use in R100 for properties larger than 50 acres.
- July 4th Parade – update: there are now five marching bands in the parade. Still need more volunteers.
- Light Up Dunwoody – Still working on contract with Shops of Dunwoody.
- Code Infractions – Gerri Penn was not at the meeting, but it was reported that she is still gathering infractions. It was noted and agreed on by all that Gerri is doing a great job and is even sharing her knowledge with other neighborhoods. Her work is much appreciated.
- Parks – Al Tiede reported that a meeting had been held with many stakeholders with the purpose of looking at what everyone is doing in regards to Brook Run Park. The meeting yielded some direction. Brook Run demolition is complete.
- Sidewalks – Dennis Crean N. Peachtree & Winters Chapel - possible. Dunwoody Club Drive - unlikely. N. Peachtree/Peeler intersection - maybe.
- Roads - Dennis Crean A limited left turn lane on Vermack - maybe. Roberts Rd./Spalding/Dunwoody Club Dr. intersection has 3 proposals on the table. Something should occur soon.
MESSAGES AND UPDATES FROM THE PRESIDENT
- Forums – DHA will host an informational meeting on May 15th 7:30 pm - 9pm at Dunwoody United Methodist Church and DHA will remain impartial on the Cityhood issue. There will be an ad in the Crier. Superior Court Judge Cynthia J. Becker will moderate. "Dunwoody Yes" will be allowed to distribute informational material.
- If anyone has any questions/comments regarding your Dunwoody Village committee(s), please contact Gordon. Information from each committee will be shared with all.
- Bob Lundsten mentioned that it is important for there to be a comprehensive land use plan in place for Dunwoody. There will be a City of Dunwoody task force meeting May 12th 6:30pm at the Prudential Realty office, 3rd floor. Zoning and planning for the overlay district will be discussed. All are welcome.
- Shell station near Publix - no new information.
- Section House on Chamblee-Dunwoody Rd. is for sale. Dunwoody Preservation Trust is concerned due to its historic nature.
- Bank of North Georgia is having zoning problems with Boston Mkt. property. It has a long-standing zoning which says it must remain a restaurant. They are still working on it.
- Dr. Jeff Priluck announced a "Flick at the Farm" scheduled for May 30th. Dunwoody Sunset Rotary Club will provide food. Looking for sponsors at $500 each. Benefits DPT.
BOARD DISCUSSION AND VOTES
- Motion to give DPT $1000 died due to lack of a second.
- In considering giving money to DPT and Mitchell Jackson's project, it was decided that we must first examine who has been given money in the past and how much. Would like Barbara Dodds to come to next meeting with information.
- Signage - we need to review and revisit the code - Overlay and DeKalb County.
Meeting was adjourned.