- Announcements and introduction of distinguished visitors: Tom Tylor, Fran Millar, Mike Davis, Doug Thompson, Terry Nall & John Heneghan
- Approval of minutes for October 4 and October 18, 2015 meetings—Joe Tuttle: Both minutes passed unanimously
- Update on annual membership mailing – Robert Wittenstein: Robert announced the board had approved the final draft and that the letters were being mailed 11/2.
- Review FrontDoor Communities townhome development proposal for Dunwoody Village Parkway– Marian C. Adeimy, Andersen, Tate & Carr
New developer proposal for 79 townhomes (tentatively 22 masters on main/57 with elevators) over 8+ acres.
Project will require zoning variance for less than 20ft. driveways accessed via back alleys. DHA objected to potential use of Hardy Plank with Stone in favor of brick. Developer also proposing 24 guest parking spots, double required by code. DHA suggested adhering to code and adding more green space.
- Review of Hines restaurant development proposal at the corner of Ashford-Dunwoody Road and Ravinia Parkway – Vickie Chung, Smith, Gambrell & Russell
Alan Kennedy with Hines revealed plans for a Pollo Tropical fast casual restaurant in the vacated DeKalb precinct property. He shared renderings modifying standard external design for better conformity to Dunwoody and surrounding parcels. DHA’s main concerns were restaurant location recessed with parking lots adjacent to Ashford Dunwoody, potentially awkward drive-through positioning and adequacy of parking. The project would require rezoning from O&I to C1.
- Request for sponsorship for Chestnut PTC – Maggie Eckard ($300 included in 2015 budget)
- Board only session: Votes as needed on any motions including:
Authorization to fund Chestnut PTC. Bob Barnwell motioned to approve the $300 budgeted amount, motion passed unanimously.